Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Playboy Girls--Playing it Smart?

Originally Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm up at 12:40am EST watching "The Girls Next Door" on E! I'm usually watching the History Channel, but my brain is fried. Anyway, this show is a portrayal of the real life of 3 playboy playmates.

Now before you go and think I'm about to bash them, please read on for a moment. I'm the last person to say anything about a woman who uses what means she finds necessary to survive as long as it's legal. A girl's gotta do what she's gotta do, and every situation is unique. I try my best not to stereotype these girls into half-wits, trashy, or anything of the like. But, these girls are killing me.

Ending sentences with "and stuff" and saying that's "too much thinking" is really hurting my heart. The only adjectives I've heard are "amazing" and "cute", and I'm watching one girl describe how wonderful this guy is at cooking after he created these "amazing" grilled cheese and ham sandwiches in a sandwich pressing machine.

Yet, I do wonder are they really that stupid? Or, are they simply playing the part, marketing a product, and fulfilling the ideals of their customers who are paying oh so much money to have them just the way they are. I'll at least tell myself that so that I may sleep knowing that there aren't beautiful women out there using free press coverage to take us back 100 years.
You want to know who kicks serious butt though?--Mary the secretary. You'll have to watch the show to know what I mean for now because I'm sleepy, and now something about Hollywood's sexiest people is on. Ah, the lures of beautiful people who can use that beauty to make a fortune. I can complain about their pointless conversation, but they are making millions, and I'm watching them, so what can I say? At least the economy is being fueled a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment