Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Body Issues

Originally Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2008

Have you ever calculated your ideal weight? Don't. It will depress the heck out of you if you are a typical size 14 American woman. I am 5'6", and according to this formula I have found, I should weigh 128 pounds which would put me in about a size 6. Yes, a size six. I have been blessed with a large yet perky rear end. Otherwise, I would probably be in a size 4 at that weight.

I have found that the creases I could make on my face do go away when I drink more water, so once again, Mother's wisdom proved correct. 25 has certainly been a year of body changes. I'm still able to run, but the thought of not being able to terrifies me. At what point in your life are you not able to really be active? You see these older people who long ago gave up exercise. I don't want to be that person. I want to run until I die, and dieing is something I don't intend upon doing.

It has been a great week overall though. I got my car back all shiny and new looking from the shop. I was accepted into VSU's Master's in Library and Information Science Program (MLIS for future reference). We ate dinner with my parents, and that proved to be therapeutic for me. I felt like I hadn't spent any real time with them in ages. I will be an utter mess when they are gone. I contemplated what it would be like to not be able to call my Dad and tell him about my new home I'll buy to retire in or what nursing home my kids will dump me in. I can't comprehend the days when he won't be here. I wish God would let us email dead people.I think I'm going to feed my addiction to myspace now.

No comments:

Post a Comment