Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Piece by Piece

I found a little more of myself today. After recovering from a bit of self-inflicted trauma, I put on the mindset that I have to conquer the world somehow no matter if I was in the mood to or not.

On the way home from work, I found my hand slipped out of the top of my car window and tapping the frame to the music. I remembered how Daddy always did that. His arm was tan until the shirt line was met. He had always warned us not to stick our limbs out of windows, yet he was the fearless protector who could do those kinds of dangerous things. I realized today that it is time to grow up and be my own fearless protector (ok let's be real, I've got some fear).

So, I turned up my obscurely dated music, fought the urge to turn it down at stop signs to avoid being "embarrassed" by my eclectic taste for someone my age, and I reveled in the fact that I am who I am. I love being the oddity that I am, and I love that few people get me.

I am happy tonight, and that is more than many can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment