Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Alone

Originally Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009

I don't remember when I've felt so alone. He finally signed the papers, and I can tell he's grown colder. I am OK with that, because that is what is best, and that is what I want. He was anxious to get away once I let him know I would sleep alone tonight. There's nothing in it for him here anymore.

Old friends are gone, family grows distant with the miles, and new friends whom I have trusted more than anyone should, have pushed me away when I needed them most. My dogs don't even want to be close to me right now.
This is generally where I come in with my "I will survive" inspirational speech, but I truly don't have anything. I exist at this point. I have only myself to hold, and I don't know that that will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment