Friday, October 9, 2009

Yuck

Being single has its advantages. I am the sole decision maker, and there is never an argument. My house is surprisingly clean and decorated to my taste. Only those who are single and living independently probably know how much solace that can bring in a hectic world. No one is hear to comment on my fat ass or my cooking, and my two basset hounds are welcome to sleep in the bed cozy and curled up next to me.

However, there is also the fact that I have been especially down today and a bit under the weather. I am nauseated and have a headache, and unlike before, I have no one to baby me and tell me I will be OK. No family, no boyfriend, no husband, no kids. That is probably the one thing I miss the most--the company and caring--someone who would go find me some ginger ale and take the dogs out in the cold rain so that I could stay warm inside and recover--someone to feel my head for a temperature and kiss me good night. Some do not appreciate that from those that love them. I probably did not appreciate it enough.

But, we exchange simple pleasures for the potential of a better future. We allow logic and responsibility to override our hearts. We exist, strive for more money, and we die with no one really caring or appreciating the sacrifice. But, we don't do it for the recognition anyway. It's just the right thing to do...right?

My dog has curled up next to me. Like me, she thinks it's bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment