Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Purpose and People

Waking up with a sense of some purpose was awesome today. What was my purpose? To go pee in a cup and be poked and prodded for my new job. I have never been so happy to do these things. My purpose was furthered by the fact that I was pretty sure I had entered heaven at my new place of employment. (I'm part of the medical world again). The people were kind, educated, and respectful. It was infectious. It almost creeped me out a little, but not enough to scare me away. I don't think they realize how wonderful their kindness was to this single girl living alone with her two animals. However, I do feel terrible for offending the nurse. I am often clueless, and it somehow escaped my mind that I am going to work for a CATHOLIC hospital, so saying "Jesus" as I stepped on the scale after having said "Jesus" before for whatever reason, prompted the nurse to say "He is our almighty proctector, and you keep calling out for Him!". Needless to say, I felt like crap, and I managed to only say one more "oh my god" I think. I love that nurse, though. She made me miss my Mama and Nana. :)

But, every good thing must end, and my purpose was replaced with hyper helpful sales associates at the shoe store. I know I am hormonal today, and I know they are just doing their job. Trust me, I've been there doing the same job. I was already tense because I'm having to shop for work shoes on a budget, and while I'm trying to make Nine West boots fit around my thick calves, one of the associates speaks to me as if I'm 5 and says something along the lines of "Did you find some boots you liked?". I was already embarrassing myself, and I saw no reason for her to speak to me loudly and condescendingly. Then, it was like I couldn't get away from all the cheerful people. They should do like we did when I was working the retail circuit. When you come across that bitch who just doesn't want any help, tell all your friends to leave her alone!

Anyway, the day seemed filled with more annoying people than I could handle, so I did not stay out for longer than necessary. Buster and Daisy were happy for me to get the hell out of their house for a change, and I can hardly wait for next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment